- We are re-submitting a bid to Action Oldham to engage women in Village Games project to tackle isolation, anxiety and depression. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful the first time round; we are just waiting for the next round to open.
- Youth Empowerment Project has ended. It was funded by ‘Awards for All’ to tackle bullying amongst young people. The take up has been amazing and young people have really benefitting from the project in terms gaining confidence, assertiveness and de-escalating a hostile situation. They also enjoyed the physical exercise and self-defence aspect of the program. Please check that section out for some of the feedback from young people that participated on the project.
- The next AGM will be on the Sunday 2nd of July 2017. We will confirm the time and venue nearer the time.
- Interested in volunteering? Please send your expression of interest via our website.
- Do you have community project ideas? Why not speak to us and see how we can bring your ideas to life.
Westwood Community Initiative was set up in 2012. Our primary aim is to work with the BAME communities focusing mainly on five wards: Coldhurst, Werneth, Alexandra, Chadderton and Medlock in Oldham. Our work in the community involves working with underprivileged and vulnerable groups of all age range with diverse needs. We specialise in working with the hard to reach in the community at the grass roots level. We engage, educate, train and raise awareness to individuals and groups and empower them to take control of their lives and have the quality of life that they deserve.
Although we specialise working with BAME communities, we are open to all section of the community, regardless of their race, creed or gender to benefit from the projects we deliver.
The organisation is currently run by volunteers and it is growing at a gradual pace delivering quality needs based project around health and wellbeing.